The podcast intro explains a few things relating to how the ghost of Captain Gregg manages to help in this interruption to Dark Shadows. Also topics on Josette’s earings being given to Maggie, but in this series it’s the butler, Wadsworth, who bestows them rather than Willie and for different reasons. Carolyn’s troubled discussion of trying to fill out college applications with Tony and why it’s troubled. A brief stop via “The Prisoner” and how it ties into the episode.
[Original script posted at fanfiction.net on 3 April 2013. Podcast created and uploaded November 2013.]
The radio drama installment involves Tony and Carolyn discussing why she hasn’t gone to college while they look for a place to stash the painting of Angelique.
Next Barnabas and Prof. Stokes engage in a discussion involving some befuddling correspondence, as well as the whereabouts of Willie Loomis.
Meanwhile, the Evans Cottage is busy with Maggie and Sam discussing her possible employment as David’s new governess, as well as her soured relationship with Joe. Upon Maggie leaving for her waitress shift, Capt Gregg appears and much is revealed of a supernatural bent after that. Angelique arrives to take back her painting but… Whoops! …wait…Where is it?
Barnabas, waking up from a dream in a setting from “The Prisoner”, proceeds to the coffee shop with the aide of Wadsworth. Maggie and Barnabas have a catch up discussion of all the bizarre circumstances, as well as her trepidation about switching employment. On the West Coast, Peter and Victoria’s road trip bring them to a familiar location also brought to the screen in the 1960’s. All seems fine enough until the proprietor reveals his name.
Audio on iTunes and available via these links:
Please respond to one or more of these inquires:
1) Got some grueling music here, a bit of a switch. As well as Michael Nesmith’s contribution to The Monkees as a means of describing how Barnabas feels about Maggie. How did you enjoy the hosts explanation?
2) Tony and Carolyn’s trip to the root cellar. Enjoyable highlights?
3) Must know how you liked Stokes and Barnabas discussing their mail and Willie Loomis.
4) Maggie finds Sam and he is rather out of it. A bit overtaken once with his previous life as Andre, the last evening is a bit much for him to comprehend. Also he has some interesting things to advise in Maggie’s concern. (Same stuff is going down between her and Joe as in the original program.)
5) Captain Gregg and Angelique show up. I think Sam handled this pretty well. Let us know what you laughed at.
6) Wadsworth drives Barnabas to The Coffee Shop, and their discussion is rather moving. What did you get out of it?
7) Then we have the visit to The Coffee Shop. Interested to discover what you enjoyed here. (It was tough to make a laughing-cough Barnabas could try and cover up.)
8) And Peter and Victoria continue their road trip. I’m sure you picked up on where they landed. How did you take to that?
You are welcome to relay your responses here or at fanfiction.net. Thank you.