Four months in production for audio in 2014. Originally published in text on 20 October 2013, then withheld from the public due to lack of support and discussion, we have now gained enough support on All Souls’ Day 2015 (more than two years later) to bring you this episode.
As Barnabas awakens to some whistling he discovers why Sam Evans seemed so familiar to him as shown in Episode 4. Wary of this understanding Barnabas is given jovial appeal as Sam Evans reveals himself to be the reincarnation of Andre Dupres.
Willie and Wadsworth enjoy their re-acquaintance in Dr. Hoffman’s office, and Nurse Jackson reveals her wit while requesting them to pipe-down.
Barnabas and Maggie explore their relationship further, but the ghost of Sarah Collins needs to point out someone important they may have forgotten about. Before they can reach Wyndcliff, Dr. Hoffman and Professor Stokes are already heading in that direction, with certain revelations between each other as their relationship blooms.
All fun in Hades breaks loose when the entourage reach Dr. Hoffman’s office and it is decided what will become of Mr. Loomis. Still, Willie has a special bone to pick with Barnabas. (This is the pivotal scene I’ve held dear to my soul and needed enough support to share again.)
Elizabeth & Roger have a pleasant chat while opening their mail together. If DS fans can’t express themselves concerning what Elizabeth has to tell Roger about Burke Devlin one may forever wonder what program they were watching… As we listen further the ghosts are accepted, Lily’s oddity in form is understood and great wonders of trust unfold.
As Willie sits before the fire in contemplation, our butler Wadsworth explains to him all that might be beyond his grasp. Willie scoffs… that is… until a familiar little girl brings him to understand what many listeners to this series likely never will.
Audio on iTunes and available via these links:
Please respond to one or more these inquires:
1) The hosts wrap up everything that has happened so far and what were your highlights in the chuckles?
2) Then we have Sam and Barnabas has a great discussion, many things Andre would like to get off of his chest. How did you enjoy the interaction and what Sam shows Barnabas when revealing his handiwork?
3) Wadsworth and Willie with their shared history, however little there might be. Willie isn’t going to try any of the tricks like he did in the original Dark Shadows now, pretending he only barely remembers everything. And why? Wadworth is TOO good of a problem solver and Willie knows it. This is almost ALL about delight and mystery. How did you enjoy Nurse Jackson?
4) As we move along with the 3rd scene, here we have some sweetness. Sam’s distaste for what Maggie and Barnabas have in mind: Can you imagine? Then there is all kinds of dialogue that should bring out many things you’ve been wanting to say. Sam isn’t too happy about what they want to do but he won’t argue so much as provide solutions. Then we have a wonder at our butler. Let us know what you think of all of this.
5) The car ride with Dr. Hoffman and Professor Stokes: There is talk about Dr. Hoffman and also about Willie. Where do you see this all leading to?
6) Now we come to the scene that to me is a lot like Clue except it’s mainly Dark Shadows people involved. How is it all panning out and what’s grabbing you especially in these six people talking in a single room?
7) The question here is, knowing Willie was shot in the back 5 times when he went to save Maggie as Barnabas was set to destroy her if her kidnapping was revealed. They never bothered to clear this up in Dark Shadows. Now that Wadsworth is back and Willie’s head is clearer, everyone knows this is something that has to be faced. So how do you feel it came down as they all face it together? Barnabas’ decision about it and Willie’s reaction to that?
8) Roger and Elizabeth are bonding, they’re discussing things in a way that would make The Addams Family proud of them, but in what sense? Do tell. Also, their discussion of Lily, musings of life in general, and dagnabbit; So many DS fans are such watch dogs of this show. If no one got the reference to what Elizabeth expresses about how David might be related to Burke with Roger? (Even Roger chuckled.)
9) We come to the crux of Willie’s troubles and how Wadsworth gives him a talking to. As Wadsworth did for Barnabas in Episode 2, the comparison to Willie is there. Can you find it? We learned more about Wadsworth, too and Willie is asking that nagging question every Clue fan wants to know! How did you like where this conversation led? And then the reveal of what Mr. Evans has been doing. How did you take to both Willie’s discovery at the end and the closing theme for him?
You are welcome to relay your responses here or at fanfiction.net. Thank you.