[Script originally posted at fanfiction.net on October 10th, 2013. Audio completed and uploaded on August 7th, 2014. Podcast intro is dispensed with.]
Over a month in production, Episode 12 has Sam Evans help guide Dr. Hoffman into hypnotizing his daughter Maggie to find out what her flashes of past memory mean. The journey is one of torment and confusion and likely the darkest episode of this series thus far.
Strangely, as Maggie’s awakenings occur, so Angelique is also awakened to a disturbing though ironically fitting form by Nicholas Blair. NOT a happy vamp, this one.
Captain Gregg is pulled from the marooned state he was put in by Endora, only to find his dear friend Andre, also known as Sam, in a maddened state and must soothe him with some stern examples of Sam’s own previous decisions.
Meanwhile Elizabeth Stoddard and her cousin Lily meet with Tom Jennings to learn of what took place at the Seaview Property, as discovered in Part 2 of Episode 11.
Barnabas is pleased to spend time with his sister, Sarah, who implores him to have a healing heart-to-heart with their cousin Carolyn Stoddard on the cliffs.
Sadly, the pleasant times for Barnabas diminish when Sarah opens the door to Dr. Hoffman who must reveal what happened during Maggie’s hypnosis.
Audio on iTunes and available via these links:
Please respond to one or more these inquires:
1) Dark though this one may be Hecubus has many delights to help get us through it. What were they and how did you like them?
2) Trepidation is setting in as Sam lightens the mood but either way, how did you receive Maggie’s first step into the past?
3) Onto Maggie’s second step into the past. Were you predicting this one? Not quite Josette, of course, but getting close.
4) Unfortunately something is blocking that final step. How did you feel about Sam and Dr. Hoffman’s discussion when this unpleasantness is unfolded?
5) The Widow’s Hill recap, this was extremely difficult to perform, however the music, depending on if you recognize seems to bring home its sinister point. Reflections?
6) The timing is adequate for another awakening elsewhere. How about them apples?
7) Sarah and Barnabas muse in her old room. Any glimmerings? Perhaps a sense of foreboding?
8) Maggie isn’t doing well, however Sam already precedes a maneuver to keep from letting it all go. Can I get a chuckle?
9) Uh-oh… Gregg is in trouble, and after Endora, no wonder. However, the captain is rather angry in the extreme and with good reason. Definitely curious how you’re digesting this turn of events, and the walk they take afterward.
10) Dr. Hoffman and Sam have a heart-to-heart. As deep as this is there is some comic relief. Much research on inventions here. Let me know how you liked it.
11) Tom Jennings arrives after his previous shocker with Caleb. How did you enjoy this segment, considering Lily steps into place here. Definitely would like to know if his last line gave you an “Awwww…” when Tom says, “He has me.”
12) Carolyn and Barnabas have deep reflections about their own troubles. Yes, it might seems a callous response with the secret Barnabas whispers, however relief is a common response as I’ve learned in grief counselling studies upon hearing this news. What do you think?
13) Sarah and Barnabas hit on something fairly profound as Julia comes to give him the odd news. If this ending, especially the song, didn’t drain you into a bummed feeling let me know why. If it did? The same.
You are welcome to relay your responses here or at fanfiction.net. Thank you.