[Script originally posted at fanfiction.net on December 13, 2013. Audio completed and uploaded on June 1st, 2016. Podcast intro with Automne Archer’s interview is here.]
After Sir Simon Milligan & Manservant Hecubus meander through their standard rigmarole of lusting after Angelique (and the usual drooling about Hecubus…) They explain what we are about to explore, as they usually do. *Guest Star: The Collinsport Fly…*
Now that we’ve made it obvious our hosts are rooting for Angelique, we are allowed to see her kickin’ bootie in a game of gin-rummy with the sticky Nicholas Blair. (Do yourself a favour: drink no beverage and have an empty bladder while you listen to this scene. Thanks. You’re welcome.)
Roger and Lily are faced with Vampire Angelique… and… well? Enjoy!
As Victoria Winters, Morticia and Grandmama Addams come to an understanding, strange truths are revealed.
Wistful moments of compassion are explored between Barnabas and Maggie in Josette’s room. Later on we find Willie and Sarah developing their own friendship. As all events come into place there is a question to Maggie about who Kitty Soames is. As she explains this, Wadsworth announces a special gathering taking place according to Elizabeth Stoddard’s request.
During the gathering at The Great House, Barnabas is guided toward his self-introduction to Cousin Lily. After various surprises about her, Lily describes how to deal with “Uncle Caleb”.
Wadsworth and Willie discuss arrangements in The Old House kitchen, as well as delving into Willie’s interactions with calligraphy and why it became so important. Of course, new troubles abound and Wadsworth must make inquiries Willie may not be able to handle.
As Barnabas comes into contact with the ghost of Caleb Collins, he begins to realize the crux of his existence, his love-life and what he needs to do next. (Yep! This is where Caleb names who Maggie is in our side-project, “Margaret Josette Dupres”.)
Sadly, as Hecubus expresses, we find Tom Jennings stumbling upon a beautiful, but very thirsty, young vampire along the wharf.
[This episode is dedicated to the memory of Heather O’Rourke.]
Audio on iTunes and available via these links:
Please respond to one or more of the of these inquiries:
1) What delights have you enjoyed from our hosts usual fun-loving updates?
2) For this scene? Be wary of beverages. In 2013 when I did the demo for my husband we just about wet’em! In fact I think we did!
3)How did you enjoy the gin-rummy card game between Blair and V’Angelique? Various bickerings ensue as well as some historical references. I’m eager know your take when you have caught your breath!
4) How did you feel about V’Angelique bypassing Barnabas to get to Roger? How about the way Roger reacted? Then Lily comes down! How the heck was that? And now that we have peace again… Roger is feeling… what? (Happy to know you didn’t wet your pants during that last one!)
5) And now! Onto The Pit of Ultimate Victoria Winters meets The Addams Family… As you likely can see, Morticia and Grandmama (still shooting for Carol Kane’s Grandmama, oopsie!) Between the three “wise women” we’re working on some spell craft to figure out what’s going on with our V.W. “love-bug”. Betwixt the three of of them how did you pick up on what they were going for? Morticia isn’t so aghast at what comes up in Victoria’s memories of Reverend Trask, but Grandmama has *no* compulsion to hide her feelings. Do express your enjoyment on this scene and what might come of it!
6) Sarah and Willie are bonding. What deeper thoughts to this discussion stand out? Eventually another person arrives. How about the way they analyze Willie after he leaves?
7) This next bit shows Maggie and Barnabas discussing further developments in their relationship as Wadsworth steps in. How did you enjoy what Wadsworth has to relay here?
8) Well, the get-together has happened and likely you can point out for yourself what left you almost spewing out your beverage. Are there a few deeper considerations? This gathering of the clan knows few bounds.
9) Cousin Barnabas meets Cousin Lily… oh, dear… The dreaded question finally comes out. In this instance we’re learning a lot. What did you learn from this interaction?
10) And here we are with Willie and Wadsworth getting the hang of working together. What deep meaning is gleaned from Willie’s experience with Professor Stokes? And there are a few fun jokes, what made you laugh during this encounter?
11) Barnabas enters Caleb’s house. So much to divulge here. I believe highlights will be your strong suit with this scene. Do tell!
12) At last we wrap up with Tom encountering Angelique. Any trepidation or concern over these two and if so how? Hopefully the ending song with bring a twist of variety. Let me know in what way. Thanks.
You are welcome to relay your responses here or at fanfiction.net. Thank you.