[Script built over two years since 2014 and posted at fanfiction.net on 28 October 2016. Audio completed and uploaded on 28 October 2016. Podcast intro with Osheen Nevoy’s interview here.]
As Milligan and Hecubus announce the introduction to this episode, they let us know who lives and who dies. Vampire-Angelique remains impolite to their sorrow. But carry on, they must! And they introduce us to a scene we’ve been awaiting with Doctor “Hawkeye” Pierce (however much I stink at performing an impression of Alan Alda).
As Doctor Hoffman comes to the unbearable realization of who is awaiting her in the autopsy room with Tom Jennings, Professor Stokes listens with complete intrigue. Tom is, of course, affronted to how he is being treated… until a familiar specter informs him of many things Tom is forced to take stock of in the afterlife.
All within The Old House may be cozy, but Vampire-Angelique waltzes in to wreak more havoc. Little does V’Angelique understand that her prey, Barnabas, has many arms about him and all are ready to oppose her intentions.
Bill Malloy’s memory, having been mentioned by Wadsworth, introduce Sam and Maggie to the scene. Sam shows appreciation for Bill. Maggie, as Josette, considers pity for her old friend, Angelique. It is at this point Josette’s loyalty to her old friend is questioned. (If anyone remembers from an early intro?) This is where Josette, finally, expresses her utter distaste in her marriage to Jeremiah. I’m sure many may understand what Maggie, as Josette, explains, even if none of us like to admit it!
Cousins Lily and Elizabeth are packing for their trip, and discuss the terms of what may be disclosed on their journey to England and Leslie’s whereabouts.
In order to combat V’Angelique in the future, Maggie ventures a meeting with The Ghost of Caleb Collins. The two have a great deal to discuss and both understand one another with their knowledge of the afterlife, as well as their shared love in the “kooks” of Collinwood. A resolution is reached here, and one many listeners may grin at.
Doctor Hoffman feels downcast and expresses why as Professor Stokes lends a sympathetic ear, that is, until he notices Doctor Hoffman hasn’t paid attention to how he feels about her. (Prepare for our celebratory tune in the middle of the episode instead of at the end and enjoy!)
As Barnabas bemoans the downfall of so much achievement, a small, familiar, and grizzled voice acquaints him with how to solve the situation. (Psst– Nobody says “The B-Word…”)
Our hosts are stunned at this outcome and then present the final scene, in which Vampire-Angelique comes to the terrifying understanding of what is laying in wait for her, and it isn’t Barnabas’ proposal of marriage.
Audio available at iTunes and available via these links:
Please respond to one or more of these inquiries:
1) Milligan and Hecubus update us once again, in ways we’re almost used to, almost. Let me know what touched you.
2) What did Hawkeye say that made you laugh the most? And what do you think Hawkeye said that got on Dr. Hoffman’s nerves the most?
3) How did it feel to hear Tom come to the realization of what Caleb was explaining to him?
4) Vampire Angelique has come to taunt Barnabas: How did you enjoy the various people thwarting her efforts?
5) Here it comes, Josette as Maggie gets to re-live the Jeremiah love-spell. How happy is she on this score? Ever been through that kind of dream before?
6) Elizabeth and Lily pack for England. What intrigued you in their discussion?
7) What fascinating highlights did you find in Maggie’s discussion with Caleb?
8) Eliot is about to relate to Julia something important. As we go along what struck you in Prof. Stokes confession? (Please be wary of loud music to come.) If anyone is screaming “Finally!”… I am here with open arms and a willing ear.
9) As Barnabas bemoans his plight, how did you enjoy our new acquaintance and the banter he and Barnabas share?
10) Let me know how you feel for this encounter with Angelique and the odd twist that it takes for her. ^_^
You are welcome to relay your responses here or at fanfiction.net. Thank you.