The podcast intro to this episode has our announcer express the fun of all the change that is about to erupt in Collinsport, as well as a nearby township, Schooner Bay. Where and what is Schooner Bay, one might ask? Well, you shall be told. “This episode is like taking a jet-ski filled with lit fireworks and crashing it into the bottom of Widows Hill for a dazzling display of colourful attributes.”
[Original script posted to fanfiction.net on 16 December 2012. Podcast created and uploaded November 2013.]
Here Tony and Carolyn’s romance grows as they head out to Schooner Bay and being in such good spirits help out a lady who looks quite worried, and so Mrs. Muir ought to be. Sometimes Capt. Gregg has little patience.
The episode re-plays the damaging of Angelique’s portrait by Sam Evans, but the difference is Sam Evans becomes angry when he sees it, beginning to remember something tragic from other realms he once knew.
As the painting is about to be scourged, Cassandra meets with Barnabas as in the original, however Wadsworth is down in the cellar singing his heart out and bringing an added tension to this scene. On Dark Shadows, when Barnabas is told that the painting is missing by Cassandra, he says “How fortunate… erm how un…” (which was obviously poor Jonathan Frid trying to correct this flub and then giving up on it.) I decided in my version to let Barnabas HAVE that flub, in all confidence and dispense with the need to correct it!
Roger and Elizabeth wonder over Victoria, as well. Still reading the Carnegie book Barnabas slipped into his reach, Roger is beginning to calm down, think clearer, but still have the lovable, sarcastic charm we know and adore.
Audio on iTunes and available via these links:
Please respond to one or more of these inquiries:
1) Milligan and Hecubus removing Tony’s curse. How was this scene for you?
2) Tony & Carolyn’s car ride. Lot’s of goodies there. Let us know about them.
3) Wadsworth and Barnabas muse over Angelique’s painting. They have a scheme devised. We are reliving DS but with a new twist. How did you take to this exchange?
4) Tony & Carolyn meet Mrs. Muir at Norrie’s Lobster House in Schooner Bay. What did you fancy in this scene?
5) Barnabas brings the painting to Sam Evans. Lots of interesting discussion here. Let us know what you picked up on.
6) Tony & Carolyn arriving at Gull Cottage with Mrs. Muir. We get a few bits from Martha and some whispering from Mrs. Muir to you-know-who. Let me know what you liked from here. (The presidents portraits deal is sure true, isn’t it?)
7) Roger and Elizabeth’s touching scene with Victoria’s postcard. I looked up The Space Needle to make sure Roger could mention this in the late 1960s. Let us know how you liked this one.
8) Uh-oh, NOW we have Cassandra arriving and Wadworth interrupting with his interludes. If this scene didn’t crack you up let us know why. If it did? The same.
9) And Tony with Carolyn switching the portraits. Ah, we have the reason we got into this who mess. Save Sam Evans! How did you enjoy this segment? And the lovely uplifting outro music…
You are welcome to relay your responses here or at fanfiction.net. Thank you.